Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Spring Flowers

So I decided to be cool and upload a large post of pictures today because I missed yesterday, so here is 10 pictures of wilderness fun! Plus I might have a couple more later on tonight from a Ravine near the place I live..
This is our growing Cherry Tree, it is still only a few years old.
This is what a budding flower from a cherry tree looks like
These are domesticated Iris, we plant a lot of them every year and they can grow quite tall if allowed.
One of my favorite plants, this is called a Bleeding-Heart
Given that name because it actually looks like a bleeding heart.
Calibrachoa? I think I spelled that right..
This is a Petunia.

These are some wild flowers so I don't really know their names..
I found this while biking in the Ravine, they slowly turn purple, there is a more purple one in the background.
Maybe someone could enlighten me on what this is? My grandmother says it looks like a Wild Apple plant.

And, I've saved my favorite for last.
This is a Tiger Lily Flower, I took this image a few days ago, I think it's stunning.
I hope you enjoyed my little walk through my backyard! I'll be posting images of my Tiger Lily as it grows, right now it's only about 4 inches tall, even though it looks like godzilla in that picture ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment